Google AdSense announced that those with AMP sites that have Auto ads with Google AdSense will now support anchor ads. From April 11, 2022, if you're using Auto ads for AMP, anchor ads will start to appear on your sites. Who activate Anchor ads on AMP sites will make more revenue.
Google said this may result in an “increase in your AMP revenue.” Google also noted that this change will apply to all sites that have Auto ads for AMP enabled in your AdSense account.
Auto ads for AMP automatically place AdSense Auto ads on your site's AMP pages. After you've added the AMP auto script and ad code, Google will automatically show ads on your AMP pages at optimal times when they're likely to perform well and provide a good experience, the company said.
Here is how to set up Auto ads on your site for AMP:
- Sign in to your Google AdSense account.
- Click on Ads Overview from the menu Section.
- Click on Got an AMP site?
- On the “Auto ads for AMP” page, turn on Auto ads for AMP.
- In the “Ad formats” section, turn off any ad formats (In Page Ads) that you'd prefer not to show on your AMP site(Optional). Learn more about ad format settings.
- Click on Get AMP code.
- Copy and paste the script between the
</head>tags of your page. This script loads the required
amp-auto-adslibraries. Learn more about the
- Copy and paste the AMP Auto ad code immediately after the opening
<body>tag of the pages you want ads to appear.
- Click Done.
- Finally Click on Apply.
It may take some time for ads to appear on your site. On your Ads page, it now says “AMP is on”.
Google said there is no action required from you for this change to take effect on your sites.
Disclosure: This post may contains affiliate links, which means we might receive commissions if you click on our links and make purchases. Read more here about our affiliate disclosure.